The Wii, Nintendo’s video game console, is one of the most popular gadgets among the gamers of the world. The Wii competes heavily with Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox. Here are the top reasons as to why you should invest in the Nintendo Wii.
1. For the simple reason that Nintendo is probably the most popular name in the world of gaming and ranks seventh among the top 10 brands of the world.
2. The Nintendo Wii price is less even when a new product is launched.
3. Nintendo Wii gamers experience the greatest level of involvement with the console and the games.
4. It is the smallest of all the gaming consoles and can fit into any room quite easily.
5. The Wii has games for both adults and kids and both women and men. There are plenty of games that are people friendly.
6. You can go for racing games, arcade games, sports games, and adventure as well as shooting games, virtually any game discipline you are interested in.
7. Your whole family can get together and enjoy the great games on the Nintendo Wii.
8. It is user friendly and can be operated easily by anyone at home. The controls are very easy to operate.
9. Games in the Wii Fit program involve actual bodily participation. So, you can sweat it out while enjoying your favourite sports games.
10. You can create the Mii, your avatar that represents you in some of the games.
11. Once you create a character (Mii), all the information and further updates are immediately saved.
12. The controls are ergonomically designed to fit your hands neatly.
13. You can also browse the Internet using your Nintendo Wii.
14. The Nintendo Wii is also WiFi enabled and you can connect to the Internet without being physically connected to the modem.
15. The Wii also has two USB ports at the back and you can easily connect other devices.
16. You can also connect multiple Wii consoles and engage in multiplayer games.
17. With the Homebrew channel built into the Wii, you can also watch movies on DVD, take backups for games and run import.
18. The Wii channels help you watch videos related to the console and weather and news too.
19. There is a message board for Wii through which you can interact with other Wii owners.
20. You can easily download the older games and play them on the latest version.
21. You can shop for new products using your Nintendo Wii.
22. The Nintendo Wii is designed to last longer than you expect it to.
23. All the updates are automatically done and you don’t need to worry about not being current on your gaming console features.
24. The accessories are available easily and at a decent price. You can easily buy accessories like dancing mats, fitness features and steering wheels.
25. Nintendo Wii has some of the best after sales customer service support available.I guess all this is more than enough to convince you to become the next proud owner of a Nintendo Wii.
Dear Technical Support,
18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9.
Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better. I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.
I eventually upgraded to FiancÈe 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2004. Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run.
Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Whinge.
These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.
Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab 93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes.
Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off. Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2003, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2003, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.Help requested please?
A Downing Street petition is calling for the UK government to drop Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) and move to a more modern browser.
The petition says that IE6 has security flaws and uses outdated technology, creating a burden for developers.
The petition comes as the Department of Health advised the NHS to move away from the old browser.
Other government departments - and many firms - still use the software, which was first released in 2001.
"Most creative and software development companies are forced by government department clients to build websites for IE6 when most of the industry has moved on," the petition reads.
"Upgrading would be a massive task for government, but if the public is encouraged to lead the way and the government follows, that would create the momentum needed."
The petition, set up by Dan Frydman of web firm Inigo, currently has just 44 signatures.
A campaign in the US, called ie6nomore, is supported by more than 70 web firms and claims the software is "holding the web back".